Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Are we not finished?

In yesterday's reading Matthew 10:23, it says "you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes" What does this mean to you? Are we still making our way through Israel? Are we " the new disciples" still in the process of spreading the news while we wait for the Son of Man to return for us? Just wondering what this passage means to you. The other great part of yesterday's reading was that wisdom is refered to as feminine. That does not happen often in the Bible. Look at how many sons Jacob's wives bore him before there was a mention of a daughter.

Our reading is a day behind but we are doing pretty well. We are reading at the table when we finish dinner. I read out loud and then we have a discussion on the reading. I can see some doubling in the future with the schedule we keep, but that is fine with us. I love all the comments keep it up guys.

Thanks Sarah for helping me get to the right spot.

Julia

4 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

Yay for another new blogger! Technolgy is pretty cool in how it keeps us together.

I too loved that wisdom is feminine in the reading. As I read that I wondered if that distinction was meant to tell us something. Then I thought of all the women in the Bible, especially the New Testament, who really do carry wisdom.

Keep on keeping on everyone! Love, Sarah

Sarah Knapp said...

Oh and as for the section in Matthew - I am wondering if Israel is supposed to have a larger meaning here. Like life might be our Israel, or our trials or something.

Angela said...

When I was reading the part about all the sons being born I was like - hey wait a minute- when is a daughter going to show up? I was very glad one finally did and then to learn the wisdom is on the feminine side - God knew what he was doing!
Angela

brickmomma said...

So a few days ago when the sheep mated in front of spotted sticks and turned out spotted....what the heck?

Anyway,I read the New Testament part last ngiht and was so glad I did. Those verses about families perhaps having to turn against each other were so helpful for me over the summer, it was good to read them again.