Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hmmm...

So I had a little catching up to do again today: Fri, Sat, and today's sections. But I enjoyed sitting down and reading them this morning, and I really do like hearing about all these stories. Here's a couple of observations:

1. So God sent Moses off to do this job but was going to kill him. Kill him. That doesn't make sense to me. I know the God of the OT was vengeful and easy to anger but still - if Moses was supposed to do this job, I don't get it, not at all.

2. Did anyone else think Psalm 22 sounded like Jesus speaking even though it was the song of David? Especially at the end, with the crucifixion references, the casting lots for clothing, etc. To look at it as literature, it's definitely foreshadowing but I wonder if God meant us to make the connection to Jesus, and then if so, why was it a song of David? Hmmm....

3. God gave Moses ways to prove his godliness. Do you think that ever happens today, that God gives people ways to prove their faith. He says He is the one who controls the deaf, the mute, etc. So is He causing much of what happens in our world to make people believe? Just something I was thinking about.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday! I love you all.
~Sarah

No comments: