Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 1

Tonight my mom read us the readings for January 1. They were familiar, and comforting. (Though she did skip over a bit of the listing of names - we decided no one would quiz us on them so we'd be okay!) I was thinking, as she read, that the beginning of Genesis sounded much like poetry in the repetition and the words. It was very beautiful.

As she read I also thought about what it might have been like before God had created anything and it's hard to imagine, if there was just a black hole, an abyss or just nothing at all. Okay, this is too deep:-)

I am excited about our project and I hope more people join us. I am excited to get back into God's words - it's been too long since I've done that with regularity. I need God and I need His guidance in my everyday life. I thought it was very appropriate that we started out with Psalm 1 which basically says that blessed is the person who follows God and he or she will prosper. God is good...All the time!

I love you all ~ Sarah

No comments: