Saturday, January 5, 2008

I was going to post a comment on Angela's post, but decided it might be rather lengthy, so I'll just do my own.

I read days 1-3 in their entirety. Then yesterday I was talking with a friend about this project and realized I honestly could remember very little about what I had read the past three days. There is a lot of Bible in each day's assignment. I read in the back where it gave some variations to the schedule and after talking with my friend, praying some and talking to my husband I have decided to read the Old Testament selections each day(not Psalms and Proverbs). I am hoping to really dig into the Old Testament and glean new knowledge....yeah, who knew about the SEVEN of every clean animal? I need to get a commentary because I really don't understand the story about Noah getting drunk, then cursing his grandson when his son made fun of him.....any ideas out there?

As I got into bed last night to read Friday's chapters my #1 and #2 came and got into bed with us. Generally we don't allow it, but for some reason we couldn't resist their charms last night. And then I just started reading aloud. I read all the way to the rainbow part. It was pretty incredible, laying in bed with most of my family and reading the Word.

Thank you again, Sarah, for spearheading this!

~jamee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's pretty cool when we care share experiences together whether it be as a family in a bed or as a family on the internet. Thank you all for running with this in whatever way works best for you. I love you all!